Anglers come from all around the world to battle Chinook Salmon on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. These fish put up legendary
battles with reel screaming runs and heavy headshakes. Troll with anchovies, herring, spoons or hootchies to catch Salmon.
- 10' 6" Shimano Convergence rods with Islander reels loaded with 40 lb Maxima ultra green
- Boats are equipped with Scotty electric downriggers
Trolling is often the way to go to catch large Pacific Salmon
- Best times are early mornings, tide changes and fishing the strong currents close to shore
- Stand by rods are on hand if required, no lost time due to faulty gear!!!
Halibut and Bottom fish
Pacific Halibut get huge!! Every year multiple Halibut over 150 lbs are weighed into local marinas. Bottom bounce with salmon bellies, octopus, herring, hootchies, or spoons for Halibut. Halibut is some of the best white meat fish and make for excellent sport when landing one.
Fishwestcoast Sportfishing Charters- Methods
- Weather permitting, along with tides, anchoring is a very effective option
- Back trolling while we dead drift over structure works very well
- We utilize 6' extra stiff Halibut rods with Penn reels loaded with 100 lb braided line
- Bait is preferred, unless there is a abundance of dogfish around then artificials are the way to go
- Harpoon is on deck and ready to go to land your trophy Halibut